July 1, 2020: We are excited to be planning for the 2020-21 academic year, and we are looking forward to welcoming our new and returning families back to Peabody in August. To summarize our re-opening plans at this time:
- Absent any new information over the summer, we are planning for a five-day a week in-person paradigm;
- We are planning for solutions to make our community safe, including engineering, additional physical plant, curriculum, scheduling, medical, and technological options;
- All Charlottesville independent schools are consulting together with the Thomas Jefferson Health District to access guidance and clarity on a consistent approach to presumptive or confirmed COVID cases in our community;
- We will provide more detailed information throughout the summer regarding our plans and procedures as they are solidified;
- We may have a staggered start to school to allow for orientation/training for students on new school procedures and allow us to implement these new procedures with increasing scale;
- We are still vetting distance learning options and will share that paradigm when it is available.
Thank you for your patience as we balance quick decision-making with thoughtful, data-based planning.
Rob Orlando, Head of School