WHY TEACH AT PEABODY?
I became enamored with Peabody from the first day I set foot in the school. At first it was the students that drew me in. They were so creative, intelligent, curious, engaged and eager to learn. My colleagues are passionate and engaged. This is a culture of learners, thinkers, artists, explorers and activists. I feel wholly comfortable here. Peabody is the school I wish I had gone to as a child! I finally feel that I’m in my ideal environment; a place where thinking deeply, being cooperative with others while remaining an independent thinker, exploring new ideas and ways of learning, being passionate, and simply being me is truly valued. I have found my people — at Peabody, I feel seen and valued.
As a teacher, you can expect…
- A community of joyful learning
- Small class size
- Engaged Faculty and Students
- Pedagogical freedom and support for creative thinking
- Professional growth opportunities
- Supportive families and community members
- Engaged administrators working collaboratively with the entire community
Eligible faculty members may participate in the school’s benefits plan.
Benefits can vary slightly depending on your faculty employment category.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision discount program
- Health club discount
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Short and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Maternity/paternity/adoption leave
- 403B Plan with employer match
- FMLA leave
- Tuition Remission for Eligible Children
- UVA Gifted Cohort Program
- Teacher Workdays
- New teacher induction program
What drew me to Peabody was the reputation of the school and knowing a few of the families, but mostly the PEOPLE – I appreciate the approachable administration, their clear communication, and the palpable desire and effort to take care of the people who work here. And I love my colleagues! Fitting into a new school can be tricky, but from the very beginning I felt supported at Peabody. What stands out is the care, the curiosity, the desire to learn and collaborate, and the dedication to this place. I also appreciate the wit, humor, and desire to connect and be supported as a people, not just as teachers, and that matters to me. And, I can always find someone with an amazing book recommendation!