The Peabody Admissions Committee gives careful consideration to every applicant. Initial admissions decisions for completed applications will begin in November for the following academic year. All applications are accepted on a rolling basis, with the following exception: the final deadline for applications for 2018-19 Kindergarten is FEBRUARY 1, 2018.
Complete your application online at:
- Application Form
- Application Fee – Please submit a check for $50 payable to Peabody School.
- Academic Assessment (K – 8th grade): Contact any licensed school or clinical psychologist to arrange for WPPSI (age 2 years 6 months to 7 years 7 months) or WISC (age 6 years 0 months to 16 years 11 months) testing. Request that the test results be forwarded to Peabody School.
- Parent Questionnaire (K – 8th grade)
- Teacher Questionnaire (K – 8th grade)
- Applicant Questionnaire (6th-8th grade)
- School Records Release (K – 8th grade)
- OPTIONAL Portfolio (K – 8th grade): Assemble a portfolio of your child’s work.
- Portfolio Guidelines
A portfolio submission is an optional part of the admissions process. Please choose three representative samples of work your child has done over the last several months as part of your child’s admissions application. Try to find items that demonstrate what you see as your child’s particular strengths and/or work of which your child is particularly proud. You may include anything you feel will help give us a picture of your child’s abilities, interests, and ideas. Suggestions include:
- Drawings, collages, paintings, or other artwork
- Photographs of block structures or other constructions
- Transcriptions of conversations between you (or someone else) and your child that seem to reveal advanced thinking
- Recordings of original songs, poems, scenes, or skits
- Work involving mathematical concepts such as calendars, patterns, math problems, etc.
Photographs of items listed above are also acceptable, as items will not be returned to you.
- Portfolio Guidelines
Once your child’s application is complete, it will be reviewed by the admissions committee. You will be contacted regarding the status of your child’s application for admission soon after the application process has been completed.
Applicant Visit (By invitation only)
As the final step in the application process, an applicant will visit the school to ensure that Peabody is an appropriate academic setting. Students applying to PreK may tour with their parents as an initial visit. Once a PreK admission file is complete, an applicant will visit solo for a two-hour morning block.
Students applying for Kindergarten or first grade will visit for a half day; all other applicants will visit for a full day.
- Visit the Peabody Open House or schedule a tour of Peabody.
- Schedule WPPSI or WISC testing with a licensed school or clinical psychologist, and request that test results be sent to Peabody School.
- Complete application/fee, parent questionnaire (plus applicant questionnaire for middle school applicants), and submit requests for teacher recommendation and school records to be sent to Peabody.
- Admissions Committee reviews files as they are completed and extends invitations for student visits. Contracts to returning families are issued in early February.
Peabody School does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, qualified disability, or sexual orientation/gender identity in its admission policies, financial aid program, or any other school-related programs or policies.