Peabody School embraces the importance of sportsmanship and team building and we recognize the importance of balance between academics and athletics. Our program goals are to develop skills, teamwork, self-discipline, pride, loyalty, respect for others, perseverance, sportsmanship and citizenship.
Peabody competes against many independent schools in the area in many sports. All students in grade 5 – 8 are invited to participate on our sports teams regardless of skill level. Currently, we offer organized sports in the fall, winter and spring, including:
- Soccer (boys’ team in fall and girls’ team in spring, grades 5-8)
- Basketball (girls’ and boys’ teams, winter, grades 6-8)
- Cross country (co-ed team, fall, grades 6-8)
- Swimming (co-ed team, winter, grades 5-8)
- Track (co-ed team, spring, grades 6-8)
- Volleyball (girls’ team, fall, grades 6-8)
- Middle School sports electives are often available and our after-school enrichment programs may include soccer, basketball, yoga, dance, and lacrosse.