Welcome to the Peabody COVID-19 webpage, which will have up-to-date information on our current policies and plans for the 2020-2021 academic year. This webpage was created in order to collect all the released information in one place for easier reference. Peabody will be open Monday through Friday 8-3:30 p.m. for in-person instruction for all students. In rare cases, we are offering distance learning for those families who have severe health concerns about COVID-19 or for students who must quarantine.
Please feel free to contact the school at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
New Classroom Protocols
- Desks for all grades are placed 6 feet apart.
- Due to the physical size of classrooms, each room will have a maximum of 16 students with assigned seating.
- Students in each room will be a cohort, and we will limit mixing of different cohorts and minimize movement of cohorts throughout the building.
- Teachers will move between rooms, rather than students moving to different rooms. This applies to Specials subject teachers, as well as Core subject teachers.
- All students, teachers, and staff will wear face coverings inside the buildings. Outdoors, masks will be worn at all times when students are at a distance of less than 6 feet.
- The school is organized into four teams by grade: PreK, K-3, 4-5, 6-8. We seek to minimize exposure by not having teachers teach across teams.
- Instruction (whenever possible) and Lunch will be held outside in one of the six newly erected tents on campus.
- The school is being sanitized throughout the day and after hours, using an electrostatic sprayer with hospital-grade disinfectant in each classroom and common area.
Peabody is working with the Thomas Jefferson Health District (TJHD) if we should have staff, students, parents or community members who test positive for COVID-19. TJHD will conduct all contact tracing and work with our school nurse to help disseminate information as allowable under HIPAA rules.
If there is a need to quarantine, TJHD will be responsible for providing that information. Our ability to limit the interaction of students with one another, utilize seating charts, and practice physical distancing throughout the school day will help limit the number of students who may need to be quarantined.
We also will be relying heavily on parents to share information with Nurse Tara Montgomery about potential contact, exposure, or positive tests with individual household members in order to prevent potential closures. You may contact Nurse Montgomery via email (Tara.Montgomery@PeabodySchool.org) or by clinic phone (434) 288-5591 ext. 115 during school hours. The documents below provide the most comprehensive details around Peabody’s current protocols.
- Click here to read the Peabody School Health and Safety Plan
- Click here to read the Peabody School Academic Re-Entry Plan
- Click here to review the Parent-Student Handbook: 2020-21 Parent/Student Handbook
- Click here to download the Sample Peabody Return to School Note
- Click here to review the VDH algorithm for evaluating students with COVID-19 symptoms
- Click here to review the VDH Pandemic Metrics Dashboard
- Click here to review the CDC Indicators for Dynamic School Decision-Making
- Students will not be sharing supplies this year
- Please see the links to the following supply lists: