Peabody School is committed to providing an enriched educational experience for academically advanced children from all economic backgrounds. It is our goal to ensure that any student who is qualified to attend and who would benefit from the special educational experience the school provides be able to attend. While we intend to provide tuition assistance to as many qualifying families as possible, we believe that the primary responsibility for financing a student’s independent school education rests with his or her family. Consequently, we expect families who require tuition assistance to turn to all possible outside sources, including extended family, before applying for financial aid.
A limited amount of financial aid is available and is based on the financial needs of the candidate’s family and the candidate’s potential for excellence, both as a student and as a member of the Peabody School community. Applications for financial aid must be submitted every year, as aid is not renewed automatically. The school does not make any promises that financial aid awards will be available from year to year.
Returning families requesting financial aid must notify Head of School Rob Orlando by January 17, 2017 via email with your intent to apply. Financial aid is not available for Pre-Kindergarten.
Families requesting financial aid must submit a completed Parents Financial Statement to the School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS). Families must also submit a signed copy of the previous year’s tax return (along with all schedules) to the school by the deadline provided below. The Parents Financial Statement (PFS) can be completed online at http://sssbynais.org/parents. Applications must be submitted on or before the required deadline. Late applications will not be accepted.
Once the school receives SSS’s assessment of each family’s ability to pay for private education, Peabody makes the final determination of any tuition reduction using SSS’s recommendation as a guideline. It is important for families to understand that, when determining tuition reduction amounts, the school must weigh each family’s need relative to all other families applying for financial aid. While we will make every effort to meet the demonstrated needs of all admitted or enrolled financial aid applicants, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so.
Timeline (please note deadlines)
January 17, 2017: Notification of Intent to Apply
Returning families must notify the Head of School, via email, of their intent to apply for financial aid. Please send this notification directly to Rob Orlando, Head of School.
March 6, 2017: Application Deadline
Returning families seeking financial aid must submit all required documents and complete the online form no later than March 6, 2017.
March 15, 2017: Award Determinations Made and Families Notified
The School will notify returning families of financial aid awards for the upcoming school year on March 15, 2017.*
*Financial aid is still available for new families.
In order to establish needs objectively, Peabody School requires certain documentation and forms from all applicants. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS. Below are the major components of the completed Financial Aid Application.
- Parents’ Financial Statement, filed online at SSS (School and Student Service for Financial Aid): http://sssbynais.org/parents
- Signed 2016 Personal Tax Return, form 1040 (one for each parent if filing separately) and related schedules (copies provided to the school).
- Any other forms requested by the Head of School, including, but not limited to, bank statements, divorce decrees, and mortgage statements.
- Financial aid can be withdrawn if a family is not current in all payments to the school.
- Excessive absences of a student could result in the revocation of a student’s financial aid award.
- All financial aid award decisions are made by the Head of School.
- It is the school’s policy that both parents are responsible for the education of their child(ren), regardless of circumstances. Consequently, in the case of divorce or legal separation, documentation is required from both parents/guardians.
- Peabody School does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, qualified disability, or sexual orientation/gender identity in its admission policies, financial aid program, or any other school-related programs or policies. Financial need is not considered in determining a student’s eligibility for admission.
All financial information provided by families is held in the strictest confidence. However, general financial aid award information may be shared with the Board of Trustees.
We hope this overview gives you some insight into our thinking at Peabody School regarding financial aid, and we look forward to working with you on an individual basis. Please contact Rob Orlando, Head of School, via email at email@example.com or by calling the school at 296-6901 if you have any questions.